I had a great 4th of July and I’m thankful to have this day off. My day was filled with getting some things done around the house and then I enjoyed an evening with the parents. We finished it off by watching some local fireworks. I’ve always enjoyed watching fireworks since I was a kid. Once of these days I would love to go see a huge display somewhere like New York or Washington D. C. That would be so cool.
So I thought it would be interesting to share some fun facts about related to the 4th of July that have found:
- You can thank China for the American Flag. Nearly 87.5% ($2.8 million) of all U.S. flags are imported to China.
- You can also thank China for fireworks. 97% ($190.7 million) of fireworks imported into the U.S. are from China.
- You can thank Iowa for HotDogs. One out of ever four pork hot dogs consumed in the U.S. comes from Iowa. If not Iowa, then most likely from North Carolina (who knew?) or Minnesota.
- Enjoy your unpaid holiday. Independence Day was made an official unpaid federal holiday by Congress in 1870. It wasn’t until 1938 that Congress changed Independence Day to a paid federal holiday.
- A salute of one gun for each state in the United States, called a “salute to the union,” is fired on Independence Day at noon by any capable military base.
So what did you do on this 4th of July? Leave me a comment below. I would love to hear about it.
I hope that you had a safe and fun holiday. Now it’s time to enjoy the weekend.